Monday, May 16, 2011

I Love My Hair :-)

Hey Everyone!!!

I am really excited about the PrettyThingsInaRow blog.  I am looking forward to sharing and learning with everyone.  Please participate as it would keep me inspired.  Although I love natural hair, it can be really overwhelming sometimes.  I am a pretty simple person and I like to keep it basic.  My primary go-to products are those that can be acquired from mostly anywhere and with little money.  Shea butter (from my homeland :-), Olive Oil, Coconut Oil (besides being great for the hair, grandma swears by its healing properties)  and Castor Oil are just a few of our basics.

While I like trying out new products, I don't have the budget to do so regularly.  Now, understand that I would love to regularly support small businesses who cater to the better, natural self.  Actually, it is a must that we support those socially conscious businesses, who are ethically trying to shift us into a better world.  As an  entrepreneur myself, I understand how important it is to stay afloat in a world of big corporations.  I would much rather support a small business any day than a big money hungry one.

So, I wanted to share an interview which National Public Radio did on the Sesame Street Song, I Love My Hair.  This song! (sigh)... This song has been tortured in my house.  It is often used to calm, distract and  entertain my 15 month old daughter.  She knows the entire song and would stop what ever mess she is into if we play the song.  I don't know what your experience with the song is but I would love to hear about it.  I was pleasantly surprised by the story behind the song and I hope you enjoy it as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment