Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No Heat, No Curling Equipments, Just Hair & Hands

I am such a novice at this blogging thing that I hope you can forgive my mishaps. I am also learning photo techniques as I go along so please endure with that as well.  

Okay, remember when I said I like to keep it simple? Well I wish I can say the same for my daughter.  She is growing weary of my simplicity and making declarations of her own sense of style.  I have made a lot of mistakes with her hair in the past but I am learning.  

I want to share with you all a style that I did on her hair this week. We both loved it and have equally agreed to make it a keeper.   It is simple, it is protective and it is versatile. What I love most is that I didn’t have to use any heat and no curlers.  I can do this style in the desert J

STEPS

I pre-conditioned her hair before washing with a mixture of Conditioner, Castor oil and Honey.  Placed a plastic bag over her hair and left it on for SEVERAL hours.

Next, I detangled her hair before washing by combing through with wide tooth comb.

Then I washed her hair with Castile soup.

I quickly conditioned and washed it out. I sprayed a  bit of Jane Carter Leave-In Conditioner.

I oiled her hair with EVOO

Then I parted her hair into 4 sections.

Bantu knots on each sections (this stretches hair without any heat necessary)

When her hair dried, I parted small (not too small) individual triangles, applied Shea Butter and double twisted her entire head.

Finally, I put the pre-twisted 4 sections back into Bantu knots and VIOLA!



Products - Not committed to ANY of these brands!

Bantu knots on each sections (this stretches hair without any heat necessary)

When her hair dried, I parted small (not too small) individual triangles, applied Shea Butter and double twisted her entire head.

Bantu Curls (Tight)


Now she can play with her hair all day :-)




She is happy, I am happy!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Simple and versatile...twists are a staple in our arsenal of styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow seems simple I definitely have to try it! And I have all that stuff minus the Jane carter Leave in, but I will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks so cute :) my hair is next

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooow nice ideas and excellent recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! Rae I love the versatility the most.
    Shea, try it and share pics :-)
    Bindi, I am waiting.
    I miss you Foofi!

    ReplyDelete